Friday, October 20, 2006

DHOOM … DIWALI DHAMAKA

The D day has arrived. The much awaited Diwali is celebrated across the country today.

What’s so great about this festival??
Diwali, also called Deepavali ,is a major Hindu festival. Known as the "Festival of Lights," it symbolises the victory of good over evil, and lamps are lit as a sign of celebration and hope for mankind. The festival of Diwali is rooted in the mythological epic Ramayana, and is a celebration of the return of Lord Ram after killing Ravan the Demon during his exile for 14 years. It also commemorates the killing of Narakasura, an evil demon who created havoc, by Lord Krishna's wife Sathyabhama. This happened in the Dwapara Yuga during this time of Lord Krishna's avatar. (Information Courtsey : Wikipedia)

There was a visible feverish excitement about this festival. People, from various localities of the city, generally do their shopping in a locality known as T.Nagar, which could have witnessed a shopping population equal to the population of Singapore during the last two weeks (Population of Singapore: 4.4 Million)

It’s a fact. No joke. If you don’t believe that, drop in to Saravana stores in T.Nagar to verify my fact. Kudos to Chennai traffic police for handling such a mammoth crowd.

Yesterday was the curtain raiser for Diwali. My mom was busy preparing a lot of sweets & snacks. Outside, there were a lot of kids bursting crackers & few people rushing for last minute shopping
(You must be very careful while driving in this time. You will have a cracker bursting next to your vehicle)

My mobile was flooded was with Diwali wishes from 10 Pm onwards.

Standard message template
Before the network is congested, I wish you a happy Diwali”. The creator of this message thought that he was smart. But he was wrong. The network got congested by 10.30 Pm itself :-)

After attending those messages, I finally crashed at round 1am in the morning.(Diwali day)

It so happened that I managed to get into a deep sleep mode & was woke up by some stupid crackers at around 5am. Damn…

Can’t the people burst the crackers in silent mode???? :-)(Bad joke... Effect of excessive use of mobile in silent mode)

There is a difference between a normal person & a determined person. I am a determined person & continued towards my goal of pursuing a deep sleep. Unfortunately my determination was short lived & woke up due to fireworks from my dad at around seven. (“Ashwin ... Get up da... Today is an auspicious day”)

Anyway, it was too noisy outside & it was impossible to pursue my deep sleep. As today is a special day, I was supposed to have a “Ganga Snaanam” (Holy Bath). We, Chennai people, are not lucky enough to get water from river Ganges. So I had to adjust with the Chennai corporation water for my sacred bath.

I had a glimpse of outside. Smoke everywhere. I think Kyoto protocol must be ramified to include an exception for this gross violation of pollution norms. Why am I talking about this?? Just like that :-)

PS: Author of this blog (that is “me”) is bugged by mundane television(Diwali special) episodes like “Pathimandram, A day with super star, etc”. So the author is bored & has decided to bug his blog readers with an intellectual crap. Since the author has to go out now, he is leaving this blog incomplete. If anybody can continue this crap, your ideas are welcome. :-)

NOTE: In order to enjoy my so called crap, the readers must be in the same wavelength as that of the author.

2 Comments:

Blogger vinayatha said...

that was a perfect description of 'ashwin's' diwali ! btw that first para of ur blog sounded straight out of a Std VIII essay note.. !!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Asha said...

Hey Mr. Determined,
I wish u to be here (no silence mode only hibernation :)) and I m there (of course only during such occasions)!!
when Ganga can purify us …Ramah and Krishna will take care of the rest… No need for Kyoto protocol on this day…

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home