Tuesday, January 22, 2008

DAY THAT WAS (JAN 8, 2008)

After a harrowing days work & pain in incisors, I managed to get out of my cubicle early yesterday (Read it as 5:15 pm). Dentist was calling & I was in happy mood, despite the pain. For, I managed to start from the god-forsaken place (Read it as Mahindra World City).


Little did I know about the defamation that I was going to face that evening .My visit to the dentist was smooth & he told with a smile that I need to undergo an another RCT (This will be my 3rd one
J ). This wasn’t a bad news as I was expecting it & smiled to show the ceramic teeth which he fixed 3 months back. Having come back early, I thought I will do some of my personal works which remained pending for a long time.

Little did I care about my appearance while going out to nearby photocopy shop. My hair was unkempt. I didn’t bother to shave my beard, as my Gillette Mach 3 just arrived from Bangalore the day (PS: I am little absent minded & left it in my uncle’s house last month. So, it was a good reason to reduce my shaving frequency to once a week) I was dressed in a decent T shirt (Indigo nation Infosys T shirt, presented by my lovely friends as a parting gift, while I started from Mysore after my training). To keep it short, I had an emasculated rugged appearance.

The shop keeper took my documents & went to another room for photocopying. In the mean time, a lady came to shop & asked me to give her a gel pen quickly. I was shocked. “Am I looking like a shop keeper boy “?? To be frank, I was looking like Himesh Reshmiya without make up or hair dressing. Despite the fact that it did irreparable damage to my persona & tarnished my image in front of couple of other customer’s .I wasn’t in a mood for an altercation & decided to maintain my composure. In fact there was a clear demarcation between the customer & shop keeper side & I was standing in the customer’s side. She realized the fact that I wasn’t the one who is looking after the shop & quickly apologized to me. This abated my anger & was waiting to collect my photocopies

Just then, another boy came running towards me & told “Five copies of Xerox”

“Give me a break” I was shouting these words to myself

There was a mercurial rise of my blood pressure. The kid was so short that even i could trash him hands down.

I lost my temper. I gave a really cold stare for a minute at that boy so that he realized the fact.

After a series of embarrassing incidents, I drove directly to super market to get the Mach 3 razors. The first thing I realized while I was shaving was that it’s wasn’t due to my beard I was looking stupid. The culprit was t-shirt. A polo t shirt is what a sales person would wear & I was wearing one of them (Maroon & white stripes). I narrated the incident to my friend over phone & she reconfirmed my apprehensions about that T shirt. I was brooding over these facts during my shaving &managed some aberrations in my epidermis**. I was Scratched & wounded physically & mentally but the warrior in me wasn’t ready to give up. I managed to complete my shave & catch up some good sleep.

The first thing, I did today morning, before I brushed my teeth, was to spend five minutes to select the dress I wear so that I don’t put myself in embarrassing situation again.

I take this opportunity to thank my lovely friends, who made shop quickly & helped me in getting a salesman T-Shirt

(PS: I shall not disclose the TRUTH of who picked me that T-shirt... The Truth shall be a secret)

** It is sometimes embarrassing to say that you managed to cut your skin while you were shaving. The statement was not meant to be bombastic.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Kartik Chandrasekharan said...

Interesting read man.. more interesting is your mach 3 experience...

8:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lolz..didnt we meet yest???

2:44 AM  
Blogger ashwin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:28 AM  
Blogger ashwin said...

@ kartik

Thanks for your visit. A long day without work (jan 9) was the reason for my blog :)

@ Gowri:

yup :) But u didn't read the date in my blog. It was on January 8 :)

btw, thanks for visiting

7:51 AM  
Blogger Jaya said...

F1 without traction control is awesome, I agree. I only wish they'd done it earlier. Then the Alonso-Schumacher, Montoya-Schumacher battles etc. would have been even more fun. I have a feeling Massa is going to go the Montoya way, being too hotheaded for his and the team's good. Do you think he's really going to lose his seat to Vettel? And I read an 'unhappy' Alonso was looking for a 2009 Ferrari move. Kimi and Fernando in the same team?!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Jaya said...

Did you catch Michael Schumacher's interview on 'All About My Car, Honey' on NDTV Good Times? Too bad he doesn't have any India plans :(. Did you notice they spelled his name wrong?!

9:57 PM  
Blogger sandhya said...

"aberrations is epidermis"??!!!? lol.. too much of kaplan/barrons(get some therapy)
an after thought - why name a shaving razor after mach number?

7:26 PM  
Blogger Jaya said...

Was hoping to find your blog updatyed...sigh! I leave disappointed. Do you have an internal blog at Infosys?

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home