Saturday, December 13, 2008


Circuit De T Nagar

If you could guess the name of this track, kudos to your F1 knowledge :)

People. Hold on. There is no street circuit coming to Chennai and this blog post has got nothing to do with formula one racing.

When you are the only person in your family with a fair amount of knowledge about how to handle gear boxes and steering wheels in a moving automobile (To put it in layman's term, driver of the house ), you have a duty to drop your near and dear ones in Bus/train stations in unearthly hours . As a responsible brother, i took my car to drop my sister in T Nagar so that she would happily travel to Bangalore in a Volvo without me :(

If the readers are of the notion that i am sad about my sister starting back, you got me wrong. I am sad about the fact that I missed a ride in Volvo. Don't ask me what's the big deal in a Volvo bus drive? :) If i have to choose between Kingfisher airlines and KPN Volvo, i would go for the latter :)

It was then i realized that my Asho-e-dino (read it as Santro) needed some fun. I stepped on the gas and when i reached a U turn in Panagal Park similar to turn 11 of Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, I saw another car slowly moving towards the turn. Adrenalines in me was at all time high and i could hear Steve slater speaking :) I went on the outside and managed to overtake the fellow in that corner at a speed of 30 Kmph :) Victory. A perfect high speed U turn coupled with an overtaking maneuver. This is one of the best driving maneuver i have done till date. The sense of joy i derived in overtaking a person from outside is analogous to seeing Micheal Schumacher overtake Kimi in inside line in his last grandprix . Somethings money cannot buy :) Wish Steve slater was in commentary box in Panagal park :)

Finally, to all my blog readers, I am back to blogging after 11 months break (I know that it sounds really stupid to say that my work is keeping me occupied but believe me, it is :( ). I am planning to write a series of articles of events that happened during the last one year. Keep visiting. Good night :)


7 Comments:

Blogger Jaya said...

Back in action. I can hear the engines revving. Please don't run out of fuel again.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mate this is too much...wen i saw that blog updated as status message i was looking out for some really interesting things but this one let me down and i have never wasted this much time in my life phewwwwwwwwwww !!!!

9:26 AM  
Blogger ravikiran said...

Good one da.. Vamsi should read this. He might have a thing or two to say about your racing capabilities ;)

9:32 AM  
Blogger ashwin said...

@ Jaya :
Thanks for dropping in :)

@ Bharath :
dude, this was the only think i could think @ 12 pm y'day :)

@ Ravi :
lets keep Vamsi opinion outside this thread

10:02 AM  
Blogger sandhya said...

I thought it was tough to move even an inch around panagal park,let alone racing.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Srini said...

Truly amazing narration... As one of your most ardent fans, I humbly request you to tell us more of your breath-taking experiences from last year. I'm sure your other ardent fan stuck in recession also has the same opinion. Again, we are truly humbled by the awe-inspiring happenings of your life and shall stay waiting in bated breath to catch the next episode of the adventures of Ashwin the great.

2:22 PM  
Blogger vinayatha said...

Good blog... but I still don't understand the big deal about volvos; not that flights or trains are any better... i would any day prefer sleeping on the back side of our car during a journey... anyways hope amma or appa do not read this, or you might have to forget driving our santro for quite some time to come..!!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home