Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Masala Media :-(

You haven’t read the title wrong. I am not referring to Page 3 and music channels. The main target of my post is the electronic news media. You usually associate head aches after watching a third rated commercial movie. I am precisely in the same state after watching NDTV and IBN for half an hour.

I was so irritated that I had to vent out my feelings. I called up friend of mine

Me: You know what. I have been watching comedy time for past 30 minutes

My Friend: I was watching the same in IBN :-)

Me: I was also doing the same :-)

You no more need any intellect to be a journalist. Following would be the requirements for MAsala Desi JournalISt or shortly know as MAD JI’S :-)

(I know my creativity isn’t at its best when the system clock reads 11:52 pm)

  1. You just need to speak fluent English. Even if your speech doesn’t make sense, you can cover it up with your fluency and pompous language, bombastic words :-) (I thought for couple of minutes to recollect my GRE words. A journalist in making )

  1. You need to repeatedly remind the audience that Narendera Modi was involved in Godra Carnage and Advani orchestrated Babri Masjid Demolition.

I guess media kids should grow up. The Godra carnage is now a cliché. Modi invited Tata and generated employment in Gujarat which Mamta Ji couldn’t do in Bengal. PS: I am not a religious fundamentalist. I am person who supports development and I guess Modi has been successful in making Gujarat prosperous.

  1. You should have a voice which could tame the other speaker. If the speaker participating in a debate expresses an opinion which is contradicting the journalist opinion, then his/her voice should be able to peak to decibel levels which would invalidate/subdue the speakers opinion. Dissent is never appreciated :-)

  1. Defend your fellow journalist. A journalist is always right. Barkha Dutt made sure Jarnail Singh (or shoe journalist) apologized during the show and was trying to justify that it was an emotional outburst. To put this in Rajdeep’s style, Lakshman rekha was crossed but they were right in doing that :-) (If you can’t make sense from the previous statement, then that’s previously what a journalist wants. I guess I can make good money becoming MADJI rather than coding some software :P) Bottom line is simple. Journalists are flawless.

  1. Come with new jargon's like "Lakshman Rekha", "Ram Barose Security" J

  2. Remind every 15 seconds to the viewers that you are Hindu/Muslim/Christian. Keep telling the listeners that Caste is factor which will decide voting. Sagarikha (IBN) is the best in this business. She could come with creative topics for debates like “Is Mayavati being oppressed from becoming a PM since she is a lower caste Dalit women” I guess only a narrow minded religious fanatic male chauvinist can think in these lines :-) .I was shocked to see senior journalist using un parliamentary words such as “Achoot”, ”Harijan” just to sensationalize her debate/opinion.

  1. Justify the 24*7 coverage given for serious security issue of national concern. I was shocked to see Rajdeep in a debate asking police people to take media training on what to speak to press. Grow up dude. As a responsible editor in chief, you should use your discretionary powers. The fact that 24 * 7 coverage of Mumbai attacks gave terrorist accurate information about the commandos entering the hotels and hostages being in a safe place in a coffee shop. Terrorist brutally murdered people who were hiding in that coffee shop L till date; anger in me has never subsided. I hold Rajdeep and Pranoy Roy responsible for the carnage that happened in that coffee shop. It’s the duty of Journalist or editor to censor sensitive information and prevent live telecast of events concerning national security. We don’t want Paparazzi kind of journalism here

Though this photo might have been humorous in some places, the message which I try shouldn’t lose its significance. When the youth of this country is looking for a change, it’s not only in politics. We expect change in all forms for the betterment and especially in media. We are not here to tolerate nonsense. Today’s Gen Next has power to voice their opinion. It’s high time our media stops this cliché rhetoric’s and present news as it.

PS: If you are planning to vote after analyzing the information based on Indian news channel, my sincere advice is that you can clever and independent decisions than to listen to these so called mockery journalist. My sincere thanks to Sagarikha and Barkha for making my blood boil after watching their Masala news . It was their nonsense which instigated me to blog :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger gkn said...

the media masala is very popular by now i guess... when u r looking for entertainment in your idiot box, watch news channels n not movie or music channels... good work achu...

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home