Wednesday, May 19, 2010


Random Bakwas chapter 1

Yes. I am back to blogging. Now that i have literally nothing to do for next 18 days, I have decided to start this series.

Not with the most comfortable tool. Typing from my dad's Nokia N 81, i am trying to combat jet lag as i am travelling on my way to Trichy. Excuse me for grammar mistakes and typos.

Topic of today's bakwas is about suburban metro. Next to Mumbai, Chennai can proudly boast of second best suburban train connectivity in India.

Thanks to my cousin. I liked his idea to use public transport to reduce traffic and carbon emissions, despite having our own vehicles.

Being a champion of public transport after buying in his idea, i thought i would write a blog for the same. Starting from 04, I had great experience of using these electric trains. Today, at 0.1 dollar, i could travel comfortably a distance of 10 km or 6.25 miles in 12 minutes. Sounds amazing right? That’s the reality.

Be it the 18 minute travel for my 15 km commute to college or 65 minutes marathon journey for my 47 km journey to my workplace, i could predict my exact arrival time with 98 percent accuracy. For the executives, you have the option of hassle free travel in first class, which is five times the ordinary fare. That was one transition I made from college to corporate in my mode of commute.

For the luxurious folks, unfortunately, there is no air conditioned version of these locals. Volvo's are good alternate, in terms of comfort and travel time. If you aren't buying any of these options, then you aren't intended recipient.

Thanks for reading through Random Bakwas. In the name of climate, the auto Anna's of Chennai shall rightly exploit the consumer for extra carbon emissions and road congestion :-p

PS: Dated 11th may, 11 pm. Apologies for re-editing and publishing delay :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home